Thursday, October 20, 2011

Howard's End - DVD & Simpson's on the Strand London


Howard's End  Recently re-released on DVD in Australia. 
What a dream cast. 

I have always loved E.M. Forster's books and  Helena Bonham-Carter has been in several Merchant-Ivory productions.

This is the new cover. It includes the original movie and making of the documentary. I have always loved this movie and I am really pleased it has been released.

 The wonderful Simpson's-in-the Strand is featured in the book and of course the movie. 

I was lucky enough to have breakfast at Simpsons-in-the-Strand in London in the Divan room in December. London was cold and was still recovering from the snow storm.

Kippers for Breakfast - the tiny tomato on the side was an extra  £1.50

Have you ever travelled to a place just because you read about it in a book, saw it in a movie or heard it in a song?



1 comment:

  1. What a lovely thing to be able to do! I don't think I have ever done that or even aspired to. Maybe I am limiting myself?????

    ReplyDelete